Elluminate Live! Moderator Quick Reference Guide
Elluminate Live!® is a world-class, real-time training, demonstration and collaboration environment that is powerful, flexible, and easy to use. Elluminate’s collaboration environment enables the delivery of live, online learning, training, coaching, mentoring, and meeting. Effectiveness is increased by engaging participants with the ability to talk over the Internet (with full, 2-way audio) or using integrated telephony, exchange text messages, display live video, share whiteboards, multimedia files, and applications—all in one intuitive, graphical interface. Whether the environment is hosted by Elluminate or installed on your server, it is easy to set up, easy to use, and customizable.
Unlike the Internet, Elluminate Live! is built specifically for live, multimedia collaboration. Our unique Collaborative Communications Framework (CCF) automatically ensures that everything is in the right place at the right time. Whether you have a dial-up modem or a high-speed LAN, you get the same superior quality, high performance, and dependability—with no lag time or garbled communication. So you can focus on content, not technology.
Tips on Conducting Elluminate Live! Sessions
- Design sessions to include interactivity and include variety of content and interaction in your session. Provide opportunities for participants to interact and collaborate with each other.
- Practice before leading your first session.
- Become familiar with the session content.
- Open Web pages, applications needed for application sharing and screen captures before session begins.
- Find a comfortable place with no distractions to deliver the session.
- Greet participants as they join your session.
- Remind your participants to use the Audio Setup Wizard in order to test their microphone and speakers.
- Speak clearly and don’t rush.
- Ask questions and provide opportunity for interaction. Poll the class at various intervals to obtain their feedback. Remember to clear responses after each poll.
- Animate your delivery.
- Look at the whole screen, not just the whiteboard area.
- Encourage participants to respond and to raise their hands when they have a question or comment.
- Use the whiteboard tools to assist you in your delivery. For example, use the Highlighter to call attention to specific regions on the screen.
- Include features such as application sharing, Web tours, video, multimedia files, quiz manager, and breakout rooms to assist you in delivering your content.
- Use the TOOLS menu to:
- Create Breakout Rooms
- Access the Audio Setup Wizard
- Use advanced Whiteboard features
- Select a new Poll ... and more!
- Some features may not be available depending on your version of Elluminate Live! and configuration.